trust the council Family...
We’ve been farming in tampa bay
for 4 generations!
13 Varieties of Sod to Choose From
The Largest Variety of Fresh Sod in Tampa Bay
- Professionalism in an industry with a lack there of
- Buy local support local folks. Our family lives and works here
- Honesty – there are so many times turf may be the wrong plant for a given area, we are not just here to make a sale
- Sod farms are not generally as close to home, we are in Southern Hillsborough County
- Fresh sod – cut to order only
- Grower Knowledge – we grow what we sell. Not direct from the farm, we are the farm
Fresh Sod From Council Growers Direct From The Farm
Have you ever wondered where sod comes from? Turfgrass is grown in a field at a sod farm. Council Growers is the closest sod farm to Tampa and services the Tampa Bay and Sarasota metro areas. Our grass is cut day of or the afternoon before, we deliver it or we install the sod in your yard or at your project site.
Council Growers Sod Farm grows many varieties of turfgrass and groundcover for your yard including EMPIRE Zoysia, Seville St. Augustine, Bitter Blue St. Augustine, Floratam St. Augustine, Celebration Bermuda, 419 Bermuda, Tifway 419, Native Seashore Paspalum, Bahia, ProVistaTM, Bimini Bermuda and four types of Perennial Peanut including the popular Ecoturf and Brooksville 67 otherwise known as waxy leaf.
In business since 1988, Council Growers roots run deep in Hillsborough and Manatee county, providing high quality grass and groundcover for Wholesale, Commercial and Residential sod projects. A new lawn is a major investment and we want you to feel comfortable with your decision and not breeze you through a quick sale. Our grass is cut fresh out of the field generally the morning or afternoon before you pick it up, we deliver it, or we install the sod in your yard at the project site.
If you could describe Florida (or the entire Southeast US) in two words, they would be hot and humid. Lawns are under constant assault by
When you think of ways to prevent athlete injuries, what comes to mind? Maybe better protective equipment, restricting practice time to avoid overexertion, or more